ATR - At-The-Risers
Freedom Machinery & Accessories / Chopped Out
Hell on Wheels MC
Petersen Automotive Museum
Small City Cycles
The Speed Age Blog!
Wednesday, June 23, 2010
Skateboard: Evolution and Art in California Exhibit - EXTENDED THROUGH 08/29/10!
I never made it to this skateboard exhibit but I just saw it has been extended through August 29, 2010! For more details click on the California Heritage Musuem's page here!
"The California Heritage Museum is proud to present 'SKATEBOARD: Evolution and Art in California.' The show opens to the general public on Saturday, November 14, 2009 and continues through Sunday, August 29, 2010.
Guest curated by legendary Z-boy Nathan Pratt in conjunction with museum staff curator Michael Trotter and advisory committee members Jeff Ho, Skip Engblom (Zephyr co-founders), Cris Dawson (1966 Hobie Champ), Z-Boys Tony Alva and Stacy Peralta, and 1980’s world champion Christian Hosoi, the exhibition traces the evolution of boards from pre-1950 to the present showcasing the riders, designers, artists, and manufacturers that created the California phenomenon known as the skateboard. From the first planks of wood with metal roller skate wheels nailed to the bottom to the modern polyurethane wheels and kicktails, the boards have rocketed the skaters to greater heights of performance and style while taking “sidewalk surfing” from a homegrown activity to a worldwide cultural phenomenon.
More than 275 rare boards from the world’s finest collections including Jason Cohn, Dale Smith/Skate Designs Inc., Todd Huber/Skatelab Skatepark, Ray Flores, James Lang/South Bay Skates."
- ► 2017 (62)
- ► 2016 (248)
- ► 2015 (121)
- ► 2014 (242)
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (96)
- ► 2011 (327)
- High Flying Terrier!
- Alex Oxley's "Stranger in Paradise" Cartoon - 1961...
- The 50cc Racer in Action!
- Late 50's / Early 60's Triumph Pre-unit TT Racer!
- 1941 National Class "A" & "B" Hillclimb Poster!
- San Francisco Hill Climb!
- The Hard Ride Movie Stills - 1971
- Vintage 1960's Cycle Cartoon Pop Art Trunks
- A Couple of 1920s HD Hillclimbers!
- 1920's HD Hillclimber!
- Harley WR Racers!
- Skateboard: Evolution and Art in California Exhib...
- A Poor Man's Bonneville! - 1966
- 1964 / 1965 Bell 500 TX Helmet Ads!
- Mid 60's Harley Davidson Checker Print T-shirts!
- Mid 60's MC Drags @ Lions!
- The "Barn Job" on Acceleration!
- Mid 60's Death Valley Run!
- Pre-unit Triumph Salt Racer!
- 1940 Ford Coupe!
- Late 30's Pre-unit Bob
- Paul Bunyan Tour - May 29-31 1964!
- Throttle MC Blog!
- Class 'A' Hillclimbers!
- 1964 Detroit Autorama Trumpets!
- "Skate-A-Go-Go" Motorized Skateboard - Circa 1965!...
- Rat Nao & "The Speed Age" Blogspot!
- Dick Rios' "Two Timer" & "One Timer" Pre-unit Drag...
- HRD & Vincent Race Bikes!
- "The Pterodactyls" Blogspot
- "Vintage Dreams" Blogspot!
- Bobbed BSA!
- A Couple O' Pre-units!
- 1972 Street Chopper / Hot Bike MC Cards - Set of 6...
- Herman's DRAGULA from Munster Go Home! - 1966
- Early 60's Fresno Hells Angels Knuckle Photos!
- Velocette Mark VIII KTT
- Trevor Jackson Vincent Special!
- Drag-Strip Hotrodders Comic - March 1967
- Poison Love Poster - Circa 1967!
- Mr. Ed Chopper Art - 1960's
- Chris Tattersall JAP Special
- British Helmets & Goggles in 1961!
- Italian On Any Sunday Poster from 1972!
- Cycles Rolling Through Town
- Graffiti Art by ZAO
- Wil's Fantastic 69 Shovel!
- 1948 Chevy Fleetline - In the Heart of Santa Ana!
- The Angus Vaughn Locke Baby Shower
- British Sprint Bikes Circa 1961!
- Dennis Hopper's (Cowboy's) Knucklehead - Key Witne...
- Fresno HA Knucklehead Photo Teaser
- The Norton Sprinter!
- Steve Mcqueen's Great Escape Pre-unit Triumph!
- Rebel Riders German Lobby Card (Rebel Rousers) Cir...
- Hot Car Girl - 1958!
- Kiyo's 1947 Knuckle - Street Chopper Spring 2010 F...
- Choppers from the Air!
- Dual Carbed Sporty Drag Bike!
- Front Page Detective Biker Gal Cover
- Joe's 1947 Knucklehead Custom - Street Chopper Spr...
- 1953 Wild One Window Card!
- Gleaming the Cube - 1988!
- Old Felt Motorcycle Jacket Patches - 50's & Earlie...
- Cycle Craft T-shirt Graphics - 1979!
- Remembering Dennis Hopper!
- ▼ June (66)
- ► 2009 (482)
Nostalgia's Weekly Favorites
This is some pretty handy information from the Lightning Red Wing Book 2!
I'm sure most of you have seen pictures of this incredible Pre-unit Triumph built by Todd Asin of Small City Cycles but wanted to ...
These shifters are all pretty sweet ways to stand out from the crowd! Type in Armond's Knucklehead in the search feature to see t...
This Harley has me stumped. At first I thought it was a JD but the springer is not a JD type and the support bar on the handlebars is thro...
You can compare the 1925 poster with the original art Wallace Smith art shown in the second to last picture. The final sh...