FOR SALE

FOR SALE
NOSTALGIA-ON-WHEELS ON EBAY

.

.
Nostalgia on Wheels Shoppe (on Etsy) - Check it out!

Thursday, March 19, 2009

1960s Simpson Drag Racing Jacket





I'm kind of mixing it up with the motorcycle photos a bit as I'm into old jackets and t-shirts, mainly motorcycle, but thought this jacket was worth of a post since Lucky's building a Gasser! Anyhow, I'd really like to date the jacket as I read Simpson started in 1959 making car parachutes and didn't commercially start selling safety equipment until 1968, yet this jacket seems pre-'68 to me. Also, the colors throw me off as I've mainly seen red and white as the Simpson staples. Anyhow, the chainstitching is really cool on this one; another lost art form that has gone down the tube.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Nostalgia's Weekly Favorites

Nostalgia's Audience as of September 7, 2009 @ 11:00AM PST

free counters